Punchkick Interactive Inc. Chicago, IL, United States
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and wickedly authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—with a team of great friends and colleagues.
Our culture is at the core of what makes Punchkick great. We’re looking for folks who excel in a supportive team environment and feel alive defining the future of our company.
Punchkick has doubled in size each of the last three years, landed on the Inc 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 19 Fortune 500 organizations. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
What are we looking for?
Punchkick’s product development process begins with strategy. Our team of digital strategists operates as an extension of our clients, developing bleeding-edge product ideas that will push their industries in new directions. Digital strategists must be comfortable with product ownership, translating the client’s vision into a tangible product. Through research, ideation, and pitching the next great idea to clients, digital strategists help to guide the vision and bring amazing products to market.
Digital strategists are the thinking engine behind best-in-class mobile experiences. They have a mastery of mobile technology and a firm understanding of the business principles that will provide the biggest ROI for our clients. Digital strategists are responsible for:
- Owning a product throughout its lifecycle, from inception to launch.
- Remaining up-to-date on the latest technologies and digital trends.
- Performing deep research into understanding new industries and categories.
- Presenting research, POVs, and product concepts to clients.
- Using analytics software like Omniture SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics to draw narrative conclusions and measure success.
Our ideal candidates live and breathe technology, and believe in disrupting new industries with transformative mobile experiences. Digital strategists should:
- Have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience at a digital agency or similar.
- Have a strong knowledge of user experience design best practices and processes.
- Thoroughly understand information architecture and the structure of software products.
- Understand steps and processes in software development.
- Understand search engine marketing and analytics software to track success.
Perks You Ask?
See below for a selection of the great perks Punchkick currently offers its team members—and they get better all the time.
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- 18 paid vacation days that roll over from year-to-year
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Peace of Mind Perks
- 100% match of up to 3% of your salary on IRA retirement plan
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
- Life-insurance policy provided at no cost
- Long-term disability coverage provided at no cost
- 30-minute daily huddle where we cover company updates, employees’ good news from the prior day, core values we’ll focus on, and more
- Chicago Loop location within a three-minute walk to the red line, one-minute walk to the brown, green, orange, purple, and pink lines, and a five-minute walk to the blue line
- Ability to work on mobile projects that will literally be seen by millions of people
- Amazing client roster that you’ll be exceptionally proud of
- Collaborative horizontal environment with no interoffice politics
- Continuous education efforts that encourage learning new languages and tools
- T-Mobile corporate discount
- 2-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, and less than one block from both a Starbucks and a 7-Eleven
- Bleeding-edge technology adoption
- Highly-tuned local developer environments
- Dual monitors
- Test-driven development and an environment that praises coding standards
- Continuous integration server that facilitates automated testing, deployment, code coverage, and project documentation
- Dedicated QA testing
- More than 30 cell phones and tablets in our office to play with and test on during development
- Enterprise hosting environments on Rackspace
- Robust staging plans including local, dev, wip, stage, uat, prod, and backup environments
- Agile project management
- Subscription to Safari Books Online, Lynda.com, and a growing library of software development and project management books
- Surrounded by amazing talent with pair-programming encouragement
- In-house tech talks on both native and mobile Web technologies
- Crystal-clear solution requirements and story cards whenever possible
- Wiki-based documentation for projects
Enter your address to see how long your commute will be.