Punchkick Interactive Inc. Chicago, IL, United States
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and wickedly-authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick has an unmistakeable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and excel in this type of environment.
Punchkick has doubled in size each of the last three years, landed on the Inc 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for the brightest and most creative people to join our development team. We embrace quick learners who are committed to innovation both within the mobile space and beyond.
- At least 3+ years experience in programming.
- Computer science or related degree preferred.
- Experience working in a digital or interactive environment; mobile experience is NOT required.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong knowledge of PHP5, MySQL, and XML.
- Experience with RESTful Web services.
- Extensive experience with LAMP stack and open source software in general.
- Past project experience using Zend, CakePHP, or some other MVC framework.
- Experience with UNIX shell.
- Strong communication and time management skills, and the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- Ability to think creatively and provide vision and areas of expansion for the client.
- CMS experience with open source systems such as Drupal, Joomla!, and WordPress.
- Experience with iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Palm OS, or other mobile Web site development platforms.
- NoSQL or Solr experience.
Perks You Ask?
See below for a selection of the great perks Punchkick currently offers its team members—and they get better all the time.
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- 18 paid vacation days that rollover from year-to-year
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Peace of Mind Perks
- 100% match of up to 3% of your salary on IRA retirement plan
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
- Life-insurance policy provided at no cost
- Long-term disability coverage provided at no cost
- 30-minute daily huddle where we cover company updates, employees’ good news from the prior day, core values we’ll focus on, and more
- Downtown River North location within a three-minute walk to the red line, seven-minute walk to the brown, green, orange, purple, and pink lines, and a ten-minute walk to the blue line
- Ability to work on mobile projects that will literally be seen by millions of people
- Amazing client roster that you’ll be exceptionally proud of
- Collaborative horizontal environment with no interoffice politics
- Continuous education efforts that encourage learning new languages and tools
- T-Mobile corporate discount
- 2-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, and less than one block from both a Starbucks and a 7-Eleven
- Bleeding-edge technology adoption
- Highly-tuned local developer environments
- Dual monitors
- Test-driven development and an environment that praises coding standards
- Continuous integration server that facilitates automated testing, deployment, code coverage, and project documentation
- Dedicated QA testing
- More than 30 cell phones and tablets in our office to play with and test on during development
- Enterprise hosting environments on Rackspace
- Robust staging plans including local, dev, wip, stage, uat, prod, and backup environments
- Agile project management
- Subscription to Safari Books Online, Lynda.com, and a growing library of software development and project management books
- Surrounded by amazing talent with pair-programming encouragement
- In-house tech talks on both native and mobile Web technologies
- Crystal-clear solution requirements and story cards whenever possible
- Wiki-based documentation for projects
Enter your address to see how long your commute will be.
Let’s Talk Mobile.
We love talking shop. Ask us anything.Reach Out