Punchkick Interactive Inc. Chicago, IL, United States
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and wickedly authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—with a team of great friends and colleagues.
Our culture is at the core of what makes Punchkick great. We’re looking for folks who excel in a supportive team environment and feel alive defining the future of our company.
Punchkick has doubled in size each of the last three years, landed on the Inc 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 19 Fortune 500 organizations. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
What are we looking for?
Punchkick’s product development process begins with strategy. Our digital strategists operate within a small and highly collaborative team that works alongside designers and developers to define the best product approach for our clients. The mobile and digital technology space is broad, but digital strategists help identify opportunities for our clients and outline comprehensive product strategies that provide true value. They bring inspiring concepts to the table, but think through the technical details of implementation. If you don’t dream in big ideas, you’re probably not the right fit.
Digital strategists work within interdisciplinary teams to execute Punchkick’s large-scale mobile and digital projects.
They are responsible for:
- Assessing clients’ businesses and understanding their motivations to suggest qualitative improvement.
- Developing forward-thinking visions based on the context of clients’ business goals, user research, and analytics.
- Communicating these strategies to clients directly in pitches, and helping Punchkick’s business development team ramp up execution within our organization.
- Collaborating with UX designers and developers to ensure that business objectives are deeply integrated into the user experience.
- Contributing to Punchkick’s wider knowledge base with continuing research and personal development.
Ideally, a digital strategist would have:
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience managing product lifecycle or go-to-market campaigns in a digital environment.
- Experience working with analytics platforms like Omniture, Google Analytics, or DoubleClick.
- An ability to work with interdisciplinary teams under tight deadlines.
- Confidence communicating broad strategic initiatives to client stakeholders.
- Nimbleness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects in parallel.
- An ability to quickly reach a level of expertise about any business model or industry vertical.
- A deep-seated passion for mobile and digital technology that extends to clients’ business objectives.
Perks You Ask?
See below for a selection of the great perks Punchkick currently offers its team members—and they get better all the time.
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- Take-it-as-you-want-it vacation policy that requires a minimum of two weeks off yearly
- 8 paid holidays per year
- T-Mobile corporate discount, gym membership discounts, and more
- Transit benefit fare program
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Peace of Mind Perks
- 100% match of up to 3% of your salary on IRA retirement plan—with immediate vesting
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
- Life-insurance policy provided at no cost
- Long-term disability coverage provided at no cost
- 30-minute daily huddle where we cover company updates, employees’ good news from the prior day, team questions, and more
- Chicago Loop location within a three-minute walk to the red line, one-minute walk to the brown, green, orange, purple, and pink lines, and a five-minute walk to the blue line
- Ability to work on mobile projects that will literally be seen by millions of people
- Amazing client roster that you’ll be exceptionally proud of
- Continuous education efforts that encourage learning new languages and tools
- Collaborative horizontal environment with self-managed teams, free from office politics
- Bleeding-edge technology adoption
- Highly-tuned local developer environments
- Dual monitors
- Test-driven development and an environment that praises coding standards
- Continuous integration server that facilitates automated testing, deployment, code coverage, and project documentation
- Dedicated QA testing
- Dozens of cell phones and tablets in our office to play with and test on during development
- Enterprise hosting environments on Rackspace
- Robust staging plans including local, dev, wip, stage, uat, prod, and backup environments
- Agile project management
- Subscription to Safari Books Online, Lynda.com, and a growing library of software development and project management books
- Surrounded by amazing talent with pair-programming encouragement
- In-house tech talks on both native and mobile Web technologies
- Crystal-clear solution requirements and story cards whenever possible
- Wiki-based documentation for projects
Enter your address to see how long your commute will be.