Punchkick Interactive Inc. Chicago, IL, United States
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and wickedly-authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients whom we deeply respect—with a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has an unmistakeable culture of excellence, so we look for folks who feel alive and thrive in this type of environment.
Punchkick has doubled in size each year for the last three years, landed on the Inc. 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for talented, well rounded Android developers who thrive working within the growing mobile landscape. We’re looking for individuals who are great at fulfilling client expectations, writing excellent code, and delivering on time while ensuring our company continues to build world-class digital products. We crave developers who desire nothing more than to contribute in the fast-paced and collaborative environment we operate in. Finally, we want Android developers who are able to develop sophisticated, innovative, and user-friendly mobile applications in a pair programming environment.
- Contribute to project’s full life cycle development, including design, development, implementation, and delivery.
- Positively working with a team of developers and product designers to implement innovative mobile products.
- Implementing custom native interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Be an active member in architecture and code review sessions, analyzing code for efficiency and performance.
- 3+ years of hands-on Android development experience.
- Experience contributing to at least two separate apps in Google Play Store.
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns and unit testing.
- Possess a strong command of object-oriented design principles, as well as proficiency with Git and Android Studio.
Perks You Ask?
See below for a selection of the great perks Punchkick currently offers its team members—and they get better all the time.
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- 18 paid vacation days that roll over from year-to-year
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Peace of Mind Perks
- 100% match of up to 3% of your salary on IRA retirement plan
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
- Life-insurance policy provided at no cost
- Long-term disability coverage provided at no cost
- 30-minute daily huddle where we cover company updates, employees’ good news from the prior day, core values we’ll focus on, and more
- Chicago Loop location within a three-minute walk to the red line, one-minute walk to the brown, green, orange, purple, and pink lines, and a five-minute walk to the blue line
- Ability to work on mobile projects that will literally be seen by millions of people
- Amazing client roster that you’ll be exceptionally proud of
- Collaborative horizontal environment with no interoffice politics
- Continuous education efforts that encourage learning new languages and tools
- T-Mobile corporate discount
- 2-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, and less than one block from both a Starbucks and a 7-Eleven
- Bleeding-edge technology adoption
- Highly-tuned local developer environments
- Dual monitors
- Test-driven development and an environment that praises coding standards
- Continuous integration server that facilitates automated testing, deployment, code coverage, and project documentation
- Dedicated QA testing
- More than 30 cell phones and tablets in our office to play with and test on during development
- Enterprise hosting environments on Rackspace
- Robust staging plans including local, dev, wip, stage, uat, prod, and backup environments
- Agile project management
- Subscription to Safari Books Online, Lynda.com, and a growing library of software development and project management books
- Surrounded by amazing talent with pair-programming encouragement
- In-house tech talks on both native and mobile Web technologies
- Crystal-clear solution requirements and story cards whenever possible
- Wiki-based documentation for projects
Enter your address to see how long your commute will be.